Saturday, October 18, 2008

'Tis The Season... For Politics

Is it just me, or has this presidential race gone on forever?

and ever...

and ever...

I don't put bumper stickers on my car, signs in my yard or wear buttons proclaiming my party affiliation, but today I browsed the web for political T-shirts that tell a story.

Right now, I can really understand the forlorn hope expressed by this one:
But if we didn't vote, would we ever get here? This one says it for the Engineer. He's got the hots for Palin, I think because he's heard she's a good, beer drinking, oilman's friend. Plus he knows it annoys me. So I'd go with this shirt for that ticket. What do you mean, "Politically incorrect"? What's so correct about politics in the first place?

This one pretty much encapsulates how I feel about the current election.
Wonder if I wore this one if anyone would court me and give me monetary encouragement to vote for their candidate? But, when you get right down to it, this one says it all.Despite my cynicism, on November 4th, you'll find me down at my precinct, canceling out the Engineer's vote.

3 comments:

Iron Needles said...

For once I live in a state where my vote might actually count (CO might swing this year), and for once my vote's use might not be for cancelling out my spouse's (Wonderful Guy is still thinking about it). Hope springs eternal.

The joy it brings me that all my daughters vote dem (and vote!)knows no bounds.

Anonymous said...

Loved this blog Wunx. I'll be there with you but living in Utah I'm afraid the Engineer will have more "friends" to cancel us both out. How do we get rid of the electoral college anyway? I want my vote to really count! One person equals one vote; popular vote should rule in my world.KC

thismngardener said...

Ha ha, thanks for the chuckle...