Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 1, Rising From the Dead

November went by with flying fingers; my fingers flying over the keyboard. Not writing any blog posts, that is patently obvious. I signed up for a little excursion called NaNoWriMo -- National Novel Writing Month.

The premise of NaNoWriMo is that any goofus who has the desire should be able to write 50,000 words in a month. Yup, fifty thousand. Supposedly some people actually managed it. The NaNoWriMo web site claims a total of 2,147,483,647 words from all participants.

I did not manage 50,000 words. I made it to 36,378. Most of it dreck.

Ah well, that's a heck of a lot more words than I'd been producing. Now to try to keep on rolling, finish my first draft, then go back and prune the dreck.

And hope I have anything left...

2 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Oh Wunx! I've missed you! So glad you are back!

KC said...

Welcome back and congratulations!