Saturday, February 3, 2007

Spinning My Wheels Tonight...

February 2nd and my first blog entry for the month. It would appear that I haven't quite kept up with my resolution to make an entry a day. The grand total was 22 for January. I started on the third, which made 28 potential days, so I'm six entries short. Or, to look at it another way, I have a better than 75% success rate. That's not so bad for my first month. The blog and I are both works in progress.

It is a lot tougher than I had initially thought to come up with something to write about every night. I've started keeping a list of ideas. Here's what I have on it at this point.

The Y chromosome
The joyous teenager with the bouncing bosom
rock pockets and carbon monoxide
Killing the spouse with moldy beer.
Loaning books
Cotton bras and shirt wrinkles
(Did you ever have one of those "well, duh" epiphanies?)
Eating weird stuff

I think some of them have potential, but they haven't stewed long enough in my brain to come out yet.

I've been working on some limericks too. Got all scientific and devised a methodology. I have a template set up:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
(Woo-hoo, is that inspiring.)

If an interesting phrase or couplet pops into my head, I write it down on the appropriate line(s) and hope for a flash of brilliance to fill in the rest of the lines.

So far I'm still waiting.


I have managed to post a picture of some sort with every entry, though, whether it goes with the topic or not. This yellow rose obviously doesn't. But it's pretty.

No comments: