Saturday, October 20, 2007

In Our Nation's Capital

It's good to see old friends. GuiGrl and I hung out yesterday and talked up a storm. Guess that's what happens when you haven't seen each other for a couple of years. Today we're going to meet Bioephemera's Cicada for lunch then head to the national zoo. GG's got a thing for pandas. Tomorrow the plan is to go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. GG's husband, the MarvelousMike, will join us on that expedition. He and GG make an interesting couple; he's 6'5" and she's 5'2". I'm 5'2" also, so he'll be bracketed by short women tomorrow.

Coming east reenforces how much I miss the lush greenery of this side of the country. There are green areas in Utah, but they aren't the same -- the feeling is different. I can hardly wait to get to the Blue Ridge Mountains. To see the living green mountains rising up all around me, to feel the soft, moist air and hear the gurgle and splash of water, is to be home.

1 comment:

Mila said...

Just so you know, I have been reading and enjoying your blog tremendously. It is probably best that you didn't tell your cat that those other places wouldn't post those pics, which I thought were very funny and cute.

I hope you are enjoying your vacation in the South East. I have a lot of family in NC and a dear friend in Baltimore MD. I know what you mean about missing "green," as I am currently living in the desert and don't see much green at all. What I did get to see when we went to Bolivia was sufficient and I think I will be good to go until next year.

Take care and have a safe journey back home.