Thursday, June 26, 2008

Worry, Worry, Worry...

Kitsu is in the veterinary hospital tonight. I hate it. I want her home with me and healthy.

She's seemed perfectly normal since the poo-poo pants episode eight days ago, but she wasn't interested in her breakfast this morning. Then she started upchucking all over the place, then she started making weird yodeling noises. She lay on her side and panted.

When I went to the basement to get the cat carrier, both girls made a run for it and hid. It took me a couple of hours to find Kitsu, but when I did, I stuffed her into the carrier and off to the vet we went.

I had to leave her so they could run tests and give her sub-Q fluids -- she was very dehydrated.

Test results so far: The X-ray found nothing overtly wrong in her gut. Her liver enzymes were not normal nor were some protein levels. She was not running a temperature. She had grass between her teeth. (Cats eat grass to make themselves throw up when their tums are unhappy.)

We have an excellent vet who really seems to care about my girls. She's given Kitsu some meds to try to calm her digestive system. Dr. L. debated putting an I.V. in her overnight, but decided against it because she didn't want Kitsu to become entangled with it when no one was looking.

Sachi knows that something's wrong. She's been very clingy this evening.

Dr. L. promised to call me in the morning as soon as she has a chance to check on Kitsu.

Morning is a long way away.

1 comment:

Iron Needles said...

Sending good thoughts your way and hoping all is well with the kitty girl. I understand...