Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Teamwork

Have you ever noticed how a road crew works?

There's always one guy with a shovel who's actually in the hole digging. The rest of the guys stand around watching and probably making raunchy comments about the digger's style. Everyone has an opinion on who should be in the hole and how it should be dug, but nobody wants to do the actual digging. It's rather amazing to me that somehow the hole always manages to get dug despite the workers. Why do I have these photos?

Last week AT&T installed a fiber optic line through the neighborhood. They installed it right through my sewer connection. Found out when I did the laundry Sunday and the basement drains barfed up unmentionable stuff.

I want to divorce Murphy. He's ruled this house way too long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about your crew but I do know when I was a park employee I got a taste of that work first hand. We each took a turn digging a hole to China to plant a pine tree the size of Godzilla. After our turn in the hole we got to lean on the shovel and gasp for breath while the other one worked. That kind of work requires some stamina that I ain't got! KC

Anonymous said...

I TAKE IT YOU HAVE NO FUCKIN CLUE WHAT GOES ON WHEN WORKING FOR A COMPANY INVOLVED IN THIS TYPE OF WORK. THE MEN WHO ARE "JUST WATCHING" PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE DIGGERS JOB. THERE ARE MANY UNDERGROUND UTILITIES THAT HAVE TO BE CAREFULLY EXPOSED FOR ONE, THUS ALL THE EYES REQUIRED. 2 DO U KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO DIG SAFELY AND EFFECIENTLY WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE IN A SMALL HOLE? SO UNTIL U EXP IT HANDS ON. KEEP YOUR BIG FUCKIN MOUTH SHUT!!!!

Wunx~ said...

Geeze o' pete Anonymous II, you don't have to shout or use profanity.

1. Succinctly explaining does a much better job of educating than flaming. How are those of us not in the field supposed to know the technicalities unless someone tells us? (Hopefully politely and rationally.)

2. Of course I don't expect a bunch of guys to pile into a little hole to dig. It would be nice if they took turns, though...

P.S. Would be easier on your blood pressure if you learned to recognize humor (even if you don't agree with it.)