Friday, April 18, 2008

Again With the Bad Cats

The girls were at it again today. They caught a spotted towhee and brought it in to play with. I heard the excitement and took it away from them. I've always had a way with birds, they calm right down when I hold them. There hadn't been towhees at the feeder during the winter, and there have been quite a few of them in the last couple of weeks. I think they must be migrating through.

Maybe that's why the cats are being more successful in their hunting -- Kate has been complaining about the same phenomenon -- the passers-through don't know about the evil felines and aren't as cautious as the local birds.

I locked the girls in the house the rest of the day as a reward. I hope their little cat brains figure out this cause and effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bird! I won't tell the Engineer you didn't wear gloves. He'll never know about the most recent bird cooties.....unless of course he took the photo, then nevermind.KC

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I removed the cat door. I've had all I can stand of my serial kitties and their homicidal tendencies!