Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Feeding the Male

In a man's younger years, a particular part of his anatomy leads him. At this stage in life, the main way a woman can catch his attention is by having big boobs. I don't care if men try to be politically correct and deny it, say it's her mind that attracts, they all like boobs.

In later years, it's his stomach that leads him. I may not have a head-turning bod, but I definitely keep him well fed and happy.

So far this week it's been:
  • Saturday: Baked cod with parmigiana mashed potatoes and green cabbage
  • Sunday: Roast pork tenderloin with cheese ravioli marinara and spinach
  • Monday: Lamb shank with mixed grains and corn (I let him pick the veggie -- if I let him pick it's always either peas or corn -- I was hoping for peas.)
  • Tuesday: Leftovers -- by which I mean pork tenderloin (I cooked two on Sunday) with potato pancakes made from the leftover parmigiana potatoes and shallots, and fresh asparagus.
  • Wednesday: He's out of town so I'll have a salad.

When he's in town and not entertaining important dignitaries or mooching off a department meeting lunch, I make him a sandwich. Monday it was pork tenderloin and cheese, Tuesday it was cod and cheese. In case you haven't guessed, fish and pork are his favorites. Cheese is also high on the list. The bread is usually homemade.

Monday night I was pretty groggy when I made his sandwich for Tuesday, so when I reached into the refrigerator to get the condiments, I came out with mayo and mustard.

What was I thinking?!?!?

The Engineer has to have the same spread on all of his sandwiches, and it certainly isn't anything as mundane as mustard and mayo.

I squeeze a big dollop of ketchup on the bread, then I put a blob of hot horseradish on the ketchup and mix them together well.

Mmmmm, yummy -- NOT!

But it makes him happy, so I do it.

*********************

Potato Pancake Recipe

Saute some diced shallots in a little olive oil.
In a medium bowl, beat together two eggs and some milk.
Add a scoop of flour, salt and pepper to taste and a half teaspoon of baking powder, mix together well.
Add a cup or two of leftover mashed potatoes. Moosh up until most of the lumps are gone.
Stir the cooked shallots into the batter.
Cook pancakes on a hot nonstick skillet well sprayed with Pam until golden brown on both sides.
Serve hot with butter and/or sour cream

(I ate two, he ate the other six.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again....THE ENGINEER IS ONE LUCKY MAN!!! KC

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

How does he stay so skinny eating those meals????

Wunx~ said...

Skinny! My Engineer?

Oh, right, I've seen him nekkid, you haven't.

Let's just say he's well rounded and adorably cute. ;->