Monday, January 7, 2008

The New Cat Bed

It was an impulse buy. I was at Sam's Club getting exciting things like laundry detergent and trash bags when I saw it. It was a hollow soft box 12"x12"x18" with a hole in each end. I knew right away that the cats would love it, so into my cart it went.

As soon as I put it down on the floor in the dining room, Kitsu began investigating. Sachi joined her and climbed right on in. When I began cooking dinner, Sachi felt obliged to supervise, so Kitsu took over the new bed.

As the Engineer and I ate, Sachi tried to glare Kitsu into getting out of the bed. That didn't work. so she poked her and pestered her until Kitsu surrendered the bed. Sachi climbed in again and rested her head on the entry hole to watch us eat dinner. (You can never tell who might drop what.)

Eventually, Kitsu came back and, seeing there wasn't room for both cats in the new bed, climbed on top of it and tried to squish Sachi out like toothpaste from a tube.
I wonder if this bed will be as fascinating when the new wears off?

No comments: