Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Scarf Stage 2

The knitting is done. How do I know this? Simple, I have no more yarn.

The scarf is 4½ feet long and one foot wide. I knit two thirds of it on aluminum needles, then switched to bamboo. I like the bamboo better, they're not so cold and they make a nicer sound when they click together and slide off each other.

Now I need to put a twist in it and neatly join the ends, an end-to-end anastomosis as it were, to make it into a Möbius scarf.

I hadn't realized when I started this project that the knitting world had been-there-done-that with the Möbius scarf until I got a comment on my earlier scarf post from a knitter named Marsha. Now I'm going to have to try one on circular needles so it won't have a seam.

Rumor has it that there's a knitted Klein Bottle purse too. That I gotta see.

No comments: