Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What Is a Day?

If one chooses to be arbitrary, it is the space of time from one midnight to the next. I, however, firmly believe it is from the time I get up in the morning until I lay down to go to sleep at night. The part when I'm actually sleeping (or not sleeping, depending upon how loudly the Engineer is snoring) is something of a limbo. Neither yesterday nor tomorrow, it only exists in the now.

That being the case, even though the clock says 1:29 a.m. and officially Tuesday, it's really still Monday because I haven't gone to bed yet. Therefor, I am still going full speed ahead on doing a blog entry a day for the month of June. Those few times where there is no entry one day and two entries the next day, or the next day, are simply artifacts of an artificial delineation of time. (Can you tell I got a 4.0 in that logic class I took as a college sophomore?)

Sometimes it's darn difficult to make a blog entry each and every day -- as can undoubtedly be discerned from this entry. I have determined not to allow myself to succumb to writer's block or sleepiness. I thought about doing a limerick tonight, but the only rhyme scheme I could come up with was nude, rude, blued and tattooed -- we won't continue on that theme any longer because it was getting truly scurrilous.

This blog entry isn't particularly edifying, but it is a demonstration of self discipline, a quality I am sadly lacking in, so be happy for me.

Here's a picture of one of my orchids to say, "Thank you for putting up with me." Providing, of course, that you've read this far...

1 comment:

bioephemera said...

Hey, I tagged you with this meme. . . hope you don't mind, but maybe it'll be an excuse to write something on a day when you have nothing better to do? :)