Monday, June 4, 2007

Yard Art

I have long been an aficionado of yard art. I love to gawk at it -- the gaudier the better. For a couple of years I lived in Mooresville, North Carolina, a place that might not have had a bookstore or a moving picture palace, but was the yard art capitol of the country. Besides the standard gnomes, giant green toads, red spotted mushrooms and pink flamingos, there was home made yard art.
.
.
One of my favorite signs:
.
.
I grinned every time I drove by.
..
.
.
I once bought a three foot long, coiled and rampant cement Chinese dragon there as a present for a friend. It took both of us to get it out of the car and into his yard.

.
.
.
But I, myself, am oh so mundane and conservative (though occasionally a wee bit profane) in my outdoor decor.


One of these days, when the Engineer is out of town, I'll take a walk on the wild side.

No comments: